Smart Families Eat Breakfast
Why do children who eat breakfast do better in school?
It’s because their bodies and brains need the energy that breakfast gives them! They think better and learn better if they get breakfast. The same is true for children who are not in school yet. Your young child needs breakfast, too.
Breakfast can make a difference in:
- How much your child learns
- How well your child plays
- How good your child feels
Breakfast is Easy
Breakfast can be a quick bowl of cereal and milk with a glass of juice. Or it can be a piece of cheese on toast and a piece of fruit. It can be just about anything. A sandwich or some of last night’s leftovers is fine. The important thing is to make it a habit. Not having enough time for breakfast is no excuse! Here are some ideas.
No Time For Breakfast?
- How about getting everything ready the night before?
- How about taking turns getting breakfast ready?
- How about taking breakfast along to eat on the way to preschool or daycare? Make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Take milk or juice in a “to-go” cup with a straw.
Whatever you do, figure out how to get your child to eat breakfast!
How About Your Breakfast?
How about your own eating habits? Do you eat breakfast every day? If you have a hard time “getting going” in the morning, it could be because your body and your brain need energy. Do you start to sag about 10:00? You need breakfast! You might have an easier time controlling your weight if you eat breakfast, too.
So get in the breakfast habit at your house! It could really make a big difference. Start tomorrow!